Reporting to: General Manager with function line to the VP Technical Services
Short job description:
The Key Responsibilities of the DoE are as follows:
- This is a residential role, based at Huvafen Fushi, Maldives
- We are seeking expatriates for this role who preferably have remote resort location experience.
- Producer of consistent quality service & support to the resort
- Strong leadership and excellent people management skills
- Leadership and Management skills – delegation, disciplining, rostering, planning, leading, organising
- Occupational health and safety adherence, management and development
- Ensure all administration & procedures are in place to support the effectiveness and efficiency of the departments and resort operation.
- Manage the resources of the maintenance department specifically the amenities, facilities and equipment
- Oversee the operation and maintenance of:-
- Sewerage Treatment Plant
- Water Treatment Plant
- Power House / generator operations
- Project management including but not limited to renovations, construction and refurbishment
- Ensure staff efficiencies & strategies are managed on a daily basis.
- Control expenditures to within budget limits & plan/work within the agreed Engineering plans and budgets
- There will be a Duty Management expectation of this role.
Due to island location Single applicants only should apply
- Minimum certified Trade Qualification and or an Engineering Degree
- Further education / specialisation experience in resort/hotel operations. The qualification will be of a reputable institution or equivalent would be highly beneficial.
- Thorough understanding of trade positions, qualifications and responsibilities
- Leadership and or management certificate is an advantage
- Technical expertise must include and not be limited to diesel power plants, reverse osmosis & sewerage treatment plants.
Length and type of experience:
Must have 3 - 5 years Management experience in Premium International Hotel or Resort Operations.
Consideration will only being given to a hotel career with a mix of the highest quality stand-alone resort style operations to the standard of five star rating.
Language: Fluency in English is essential. Knowledge of a second language would be very beneficial.
Being operationally aware is essential, a team player with proven leadership capabilities, a Self-starter with plenty of drive and enthusiasm.
Possessing strong self management skills
Solution Driven individual whose sensitive to the needs of the business and its people.
Creative person, always ready to challenge the status quo. Innovative, resourceful and adaptable.
Excellent organisation and coordination skills together with the technical expertise.
Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Capable of adapting to different cultures and ways of life.
Proficient in all financial aspects linked to the operation.
Contract start date and duration:
Immediate – 2 years
Other benefits and advantages:
Usual on island international benefits package to be confirmed with candidate once we get to that stage.
PER AQUUM Hotels • Resorts is a specialist management and development company that offers a different kind of company ethos: one that is passionate, visionary, imaginative and naturally modern. The architecture and design of each project is inspired by the individual beauty of the property’s host culture, while development is based on principles of realism, sustainability and responsibility. Renowned for creating bold, imaginative spaces and signature attention to detail the PER AQUUM name has built significant brand value within the top echelons of the travel industry. The current portfolio includes Huvafen Fushi and Niyama in the Maldives and Desert Palm in Dubai.