At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Jumeirah Group, the Dubai-based luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding, operates a world-class portfolio of hotels and resorts. A mere 20-minute boat ride from Malé International Airport brings guests to Jumeirah Vittaveli, nestled in a spot of astounding beauty. The resort comprises 91 villas and suites, each offering exquisite views of the Indian Ocean. With three restaurants, a Talise Spa, and dedicated kids and separate teenagers clubs, the resort is ideal for couples, families or groups, bringing personalised excitement to any holiday.
If you are excited by a challenge, have a can-do attitude and a passion for creating unique and memorable experiences , join us as we build a very special team in a region of outstanding natural beauty, rich heritage and unique culture.
- Perform duties efficiently to achieve required outcome
- Assist Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chec in the supervision of all colleagues engaged in the kitchen.
- Attend daily meetings with Executive Chef and all other Senior Chefs regarding the updates for the day and review the list of things to do for maximum 2 days thereafter
- Holds meeting with the colleagues in each particular kitchen to discuss what has been carried out in the Chef\\\'s meeting and some other issues.
- Establish culinary standards for the speciality of each kitchen which includes banqueting that caters to a number of guests.
- Plan menus and compile recipes for food tasting to be approved by Executive Chef.
- Inspect 4 times daily all food stores and refrigerated areas and suggest, where necessary, correct storage methods to comply with Health and Safety regulations as discussed further in this book
- Check any spoilage and ensure regular turnover of food items and inform the Executive Chef
- Check on a daily basis food preparation, individual costs, quality, quantity inventories and portion control.
- During service periods, to personally run the hot plate and assist when needed and to ensure that the presentation as well as quality of the food is in accordance with the established standards
- Conducts training and thorough briefing on the correct usage of kitchen equipment
- Completed kitchen apprentice or chefs training courses for at least one year
- Diploma in hotel management
- At least five years in a five star international chain hotel
- At least two years in an international five star hotel in similar position or above.
- Team player
- Good training skills
- A good knowledge and understanding of kitchen
- Ability to create standard recipes
- Computer skills
- Ability to establish culinary standards