At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Jumeirah Group, the Dubai-based luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding, operates a world-class portfolio of hotels and resorts. A mere 20-minute boat ride from Malé International Airport brings guests to Jumeirah Vittaveli, nestled in a spot of astounding beauty. The resort comprises 91 villas and suites, each offering exquisite views of the Indian Ocean. With three restaurants, a Talise Spa, and dedicated kids and separate teenagers clubs, the resort is ideal for couples, families or groups, bringing personalised excitement to any holiday.
If you are excited by a challenge, have a can-do attitude and a passion for creating unique and memorable experiences , join us as we build a very special team in a region of outstanding natural beauty, rich heritage and unique culture.
- Develop the Food & Beverage strategy in order to provide innovative and exciting guest experiences that meet the business objectives
- Participate in the preparation of the Annual Business Plan, and Sales and Marketing Plans to ensure food and beverage is adequately represented
- Co-ordinate the organizational and administrative functions in all areas of the Food and Beverage Department to ensure delivery of the strategy and compliance with Jumeirah standards
- Initiate special promotions and activities that generate additional revenue and popular interest.
- Monitor service and food and beverage standards in all outlets and kitchens ensuring that managers take corrective actions as necessary.
- Monitor the activities and trends of competitor hotels, restaurants and bars and keep up to date with international trends in order to ensure the competitive advantage of the hotel.
- To provide leadership, direction and support to the F&B team in order to increase knowledge
- To ensure the F&B team are motivated, recognised and performance managed and are fully accountable for their areas of responsibility
- Make recommendations for modernization of equipment, service methods, and presentation to improve guest satisfaction and profits.
- Ensure that each outlet is accounted for separately as an individual profit centre and is managed by a team who are accountable for their profitability.
- Monitor closely the profitability of all food and beverage outlets in order to provide solutions to improve problem areas and assist in implementing corrective measures.
- Set, in close conjunction with each Outlet Manager, annual operating budgets which will form part of the Business Plan.
- To manage any F&B projects - restaurant refurbishment or development
- Participate in public relations activities and promotional activities designed at enhancing the image and profitability of the Food and Beverage department and the hotel.
- Provide creative ideas to project and enhance the image of the hotel.
- Personally and frequently verify that guests in the hotel are receiving the best possible service available in order to make continuous improvement
- Spend time in the various operations to ensure the operation is managed according to standard
- Frequently verify that the best products are used in the hotel operation to ensure guest satisfaction
- Ensure that HACAAP and other local regulations are adhered to ensure the
- highest food hygiene standards
- Perform any other duties that management may reasonably require
- 3 years as F&B Mgr in a luxury property
- Working with a culturally diverse workforce.
- Management experience in high end restaurants
- Experience in F&B project work - restaurant refurbishment or development
- Proficiency in spoken and written business English.
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to manage diverse operations.
- Creativity and innovation in food and beverage concepts and operations
- Demonstrable achievements in improving customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Menu compilation
- Supplier negotiations skills
- Finance and accounting knowledge
- Experience with EFQM or other quality model highly regarded.