At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Jumeirah Group, the Dubai-based luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding, operates a world-class portfolio of hotels and resorts. A mere 20-minute boat ride from Malé International Airport brings guests to Jumeirah Vittaveli, nestled in a spot of astounding beauty. The resort comprises 91 villas and suites, each offering exquisite views of the Indian Ocean. With three restaurants, a Talise Spa, and dedicated kids and separate teenagers clubs, the resort is ideal for couples, families or groups, bringing personalised excitement to any holiday.
If you are excited by a challenge, have a can-do attitude and a passion for creating unique and memorable experiences , join us as we build a very special team in a region of outstanding natural beauty, rich heritage and unique culture
About the Role
Assist the Financial Controller to deliver strategic, added value Finance interventions to the business and act as a business partner to ensure the achievement of the hotel objectives
To lead the operational Finance team in the provision of added value Finance excellence to deliver hotel targeted results whilst demonstrating strong commercial awareness and solid financial control.
- To ensure all aspects of the financial management of the property, which includes administering accounting policies & procedures, following procurement practices and procedures, preparing and interpreting financial statements and management reports, budgetary control and all legal/contractual matters are in compliance with Jumeirah standards
- To assist in preparing and managing the annual budgeting and forecasting process to ensure all departments are delivering according to the approved targets
- To supervise the Financial Accountant in all stages leading to the preparation of all monthly financial reporting and analysis.
- To deputize the Financial Controller during his/here absence and to be fully acquainted with / her job description in order to carry out those responsibilities.
- To provide accurate forecasting of the business in order to determine correct allocation of resources and maximise business performance.
- To ensure and approve the monthly balance sheet reconciliation making sure all the books are of clean records.
- To ensure the Authorization Limit Document is followed and all approvals are as authorized.
- Sign and approve all daily operation documents for all delegated finance sections.
- To provide value added business performance reporting to give the operations the tools to identify areas for improvement
- To lead the support and coordination of all internal and external audit visits and ensure a good relationship with the key members of these teams and pro-active follow up of audit issues raised
- To ensure a detailed understanding of local accounting and tax rules and ensure all reporting is in compliance with company directives
- To ensure that the capital replacement and disposal policy is enforced as per the company directives and in line with the management agreement.
- To handle problems of the Finance Department with the exception of what needs to be referred to Financial Conrtoller.
- To assist FC in enforcing implementation of the Finance Directive and ensure compliance on the internal control checklist of not less than 95%.
- To manage, hiring, training, and appraisal of accounting personnel as part of the effort to build an efficient team and to take active interest in their development and welfare.
- All pre opening tasks and responsibilities as per pre opening plan but not limited to pre opening plan - if applicable
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management team including assistance for large events or hotel functions.
The Ideal Candidate will be:
- Degree level education, preferably with Finance related degree.
- Partly or fully qualified professional accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CMA, etc)
- Strong background in hospitality Finance function
- At least 2 years management level experience
- Displayed a strong track record of solid career progression to date
- Fluent command of English-spoken and written
- Knowledge of the Uniformed System of Account for Lodging Industry.
- Hotel pre-opening experience.
- Written and spoken Arabic would be highly preferable
- Excellent Excel skills essential
- Good knowledge of ERP systems an advantage (Oracle, Sun, etc)
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; your accommodation, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight ticket,R&R leave and allowance, medical and life and accident insurance and other allowances.