Ayada Maldives Seeking a dynamic leader to lead their POMEC team. A Chief Engineer able to ensure the Resorts essential services are running at optimal performance, able to manage the Resorts physical assets and be an active in both Budgeting and Planning. Candidate must be able to manage the Resort maintenance and repair schedule of all building and equipment both back and front of house within well-defined management norms ensuring best practice is observed at all times.
- Overseeing the entire POMEC operation.
- To manage the resources of the POMEC department to ensure that the resort, its amenities and facilities and equipment are maintained at all times to the highest standards.
- Organize and set up preventive maintenance programmes for all electrical and mechanical equipment including general building works
- Supervise maintenance employees and contract employees who are carrying out building work, electrical and mechanical installations
- Ensure that all administration files are kept up to date including drawing prints, specifications and equipment, technical maintenance manuals, etc.
- Recommend or arrange for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Support and implement Talent Development initiatives as a part of their daily activities.
- Deals with guest complaints in relation to maintenance.
- Identify Training needs in the department and actively support the career development of the team.
- Handle any grievances, suggestions and complaints forwarded by colleagues and recommends appropriate action.
- Prepare comprehensive budgets and forecasts to ensure the efficient and cost effective operation of the department.
- Monitor engineering activities to ensure adherence to established policies, operating procedures and standards.
CANDIDATE’S STRENGTHS SHOULD INCLUDE:-
- Highly motivated and professional
- Sound commercial awareness
- Managing a multicultural team, dedicated to training and development of talent
- Strong in planning resource allocation including team and materials
- Able to prepare operating Budgets (payroll, expense and cross departmental expenditure)
- Able to prepare and execute Capital Expenditure Plans
- Asset Management
- Energy conservation
- Waste management
- Fire, Life and Safety
- A good communicator in various forms to all stakeholders
- Minimum 4 - 5 years of experience within the 5 star luxury resorts on the same capacity – Essential
- Ability to speak, write and converse advanced level of English – Essential.
- Indian Ocean experience would be counted as an advantage.
- Competitive remuneration package, High quality housing & excellent benefits.
- Annual ticket and R&R Twice in a year
- Meals in the staff & guest restaurant as per the applicable benefit sheet
- 6 days a weeks
- 30 calendar days annual leave