- Collecting food items from stores.
- Preparing the mis-en-place Set daily pars on all products to ensure freshness.
- Perform general/routine cleaning tasks using standard Ayada Maldives cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Ensures spoilage/waste is kept to a minimum by ordering and utilizing proper quantities and rotating products.
- Responsible for FIFO in all kitchen areas as required by department.
- Develop new products for a la carte and buffet menus on a rotating basis.
- Following rules of hygiene and sanitation.(HACCP) Assisting the others cooks in the section to perform their duties efficiently
- Following training and recording new recipes and cooking procedures Maintaining equipment in good shape Perform other assigned duties that contribute to the Company\'s mission and objectives. Friendly, professional communication Cooperation and willingness to assist. Positive image portrayed reflecting company image. Commitment to the mission statement and company core values.
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques
- Instruct and lead subordinates through their daily requirements in food preparation and actively take part in set up and supervising of buffets and special functions
- Coordinate and participate with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage and cost control
- Demonstrate a commitment and support to all departmental and in house training programmes.
- Respect the team members Effective and timely verbal and written communication.
- Lead by example at all times, ensuring all work related duties are conducted in a professional manner.
- Ensure uniforms and grooming standards are of a high standard and maintained.
- Co-operation and willingness to assist.
- Be punctual and on time for work and meetings
- Efficient and consistent work practices.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by AYADA from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment
- Due to nature of the hospitality industry, colleagues may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort Upon employment,
- All colleagues are required to fully comply with AYADA rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of resort facilities Colleagues who violate AYADA rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of services.
- High School Diploma or Bachelor degree in hotel management Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Fluent in spoken & written English Proficient in Microsoft Office Good health,
- well groomed and with high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times
- Physically strong, energetic and dynamic person with a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control Self-motivated, hard-working, sensible, able to work under pressure,
- pleasant, responsible, independent, initiative, outgoing personality and ability to communicate with people at all levels Providing services that are above and beyond for guest satisfaction and retention. Sets a positive example for guest relations
Minimum of 2-3 years\' of work experience on the same position with a 5* Resort. Maldives experience would be counted as an advantage.
- High quality staff housing with, Gym, Recreation area, Laundry,
- Staff Beach, Sports Field
- Annual ticket
- Meals in the staff restaurant
- 6 day weeks
- 30 calendar days annual leave