The sommelier as a knowledgeable wine professional, who is responsible for guest satisfaction of our fine-dining experience. The Sommelier should be specialized in all facets of wine service to provide compulsory training of the restaurant staff moreover he/she has to work along with the culinary team for pairing and suggesting wine that will best complement each particular food menu item. Should to have a pleasant appearance, friendly, enthusiastic and persuasive, and an outgoing in a helpful demeanour to ensure guest satisfaction.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create interesting and diverse wine list that corresponds to the cuisine and concept of the restaurant.
- Create special wine offers, degustation, wine dinners, and promotions to compel guest’s attention to the incredible wine experience.
- Work within the taste preference and budget parameters of the patrons.
- Train restaurant staff for all necessary skills, knowledge and to develop the right attitude to wine culture.
- Refresh the knowledge and skills of staff by help of different methods.
- Recognise and address guests by name whenever possible.
- Actively sell wines and guide the F&B service team on doing the same
- Co-operate with all Outlets by carrying out F&B service when it deems necessary
- To be always available for guests needs during lunch and dinner in any of the F&B Venues
- To be part of the F&B Service Team and be supportive and helpful if needed during the operation
- Actively participate in Human Resources, Learning and Development initiatives that will help the Resort to deliver higher levels of service to our guests and our compliance to good health and safety practices at the workplace.
- Implement and follow all systems and procedures as laid down in the standard operating manual
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Diploma of the Wine School / WSET Level 2 or higher.
- Four years’ experience preferred in a fine-dining restaurant or related operational experience.
- Able to deal with guests and colleagues in a calm and professional manner in a busy environment.
- Physically able to work for more than 12 hours.
- Understands and respect local culture, able to adapt to changes and isolated environment.
- Flexibility, ability to make decisions and sound judgment under pressure
- Excellent communication skills and professional demeanor gained through extensive interaction with the public, work under various circumstances
- Reliability and “getting the job done” through persistence and a strong work ethic
- Self-motivated, inter-personal and client handling skills, creative mind
- Knowledge of P.O.S. systems of Hotel & Resorts
- Additional languages will be an added advantage.
- Attractive salary & Service charge
- Free Accommodation and all meals & Free usage of laundry
- Access to the team cyber café, Gymnasium, recreation center
- Annual leave with airfare
- Daily ferry transfer to Male’ (the capital city )
Due to anticipated volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted