Guest Relations Manager
Jumeirah vittaveli maldives
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
A mere 20-minute boat ride from Malé International Airport brings guests to Jumeirah Vittaveli, nestled in a spot of astounding beauty. The resort comprises 91 villas and suites, each offering exquisite views of the Indian Ocean. With three restaurants, a Talise Spa, and dedicated kids and separate teenagers clubs, the resort is ideal for couples, families or groups, bringing personalised excitement to any holiday.
About the Role
We are now recruiting for Guest Relations Manager, to ensure the smooth running of all duties of the Guest Relations operation and assist with the smooth and efficient running of the Rooms Division department office, achieving maximum guest satisfaction and adhering to the standard of service required by the hotel in accordance with hotel policies, procedures and objectives.
The successful Guest Relations Manager would also assist with the smooth and efficient operation of the main lobby and provide all guests entering the hotel with a warm welcome and offer assistance as appropriate.
The main duties of the successful Guest Relations Manager include:
- To act as liaison officer between Reception, Concierge and the Assistant/Duty Managers in all matters related to guests checking in and/or checking out, as well as ensuring maximum follow up during their stay.
- To achieve maximum sales and guest satisfaction by adhering to the standards of service required in accordance with the hotel’s policies, procedures and objectives.
- To maintain and consistently update the guest CV library
- To maintain the in-house guest interview program (guest feedback form) ensuring that the results are correctly logged, communicated to the relevant department and followed up as necessary
- To Monitor all costs and recommend/implement measure to control them in accordance with the annual budgets
- To ensure the Departments’ operational budgets are in line and all costs are strictly controlled
- To compile a monthly report on the guest comment card results received and communicate it to the relevant parties
- To be fully conversant with the Sirius Loyalty program and manage the guest queries relating to their points collection and redemption
- To identify market needs from both the hotel guests and the local market
- To monitor and analyse the activities and trends of competitor hotels on a regular basis
- To attend hotel Diplomatic and other sales hosted functions to maintain customer loyalty
- To plan and implement effective training programmes for his/her respective colleagues in conjunction with the Training Manager and Departmental Trainer
- To interview potential new colleagues in liaison with the Human Resources Department
- To conduct reviews and appraisals to review the general performance, discuss existing performance and areas of improvement and future career and development goals for all Guest Relations Executives
The successful Guest Relations Manager will have a passion for providing exceptional customer service, possess strong computer skills, ideally with knowledge of Opera, and be an excellent administrator.
- At least one year of previous experience working in the service industry and interfacing with internal and/or external customers
- Excellent command of the English language
- Front Office / Guest Relations experience/background
- Experience interfacing with senior-level management
- Previous management or supervision of a Front Office/Guest Relations function