PER AQUUM: Showcasing a collection of visionary retreats and resorts, Per AQUUM is renowned for creating bold, imaginative spaces and signature attention to detail. The Per AQUUM name has built significant brand value within the top echelons of the travel industry and the current portfolio includes Desert Palm in Dubai, Huvafen Fushi in the Maldives and NIYAMA in the Maldives.
Further strategic developments in South East Asia and the Middle East, make this one of the premium luxury brands to watch in 2014 and beyond.
As Executive Chef you will be responsible for leading the overall kitchen operations of the hotel. The Executive Chef will: train and manage kitchen team members, supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities, estimate food consumption and purchase of food, select and develop recipes, standardize production of dishes to ensure consistent quality, establish presentation, technique and quality standards, plan and price menus, ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance, and ensure proper safety and sanitation in the kitchen. Further you may be required to cook certain dishes for special occasions and will oversee special catering events. The Executive Chef is directly responsible for hiring, people development and performance reviews of the kitchen team and will report to the General Manager. Additionally t he Executive Chef will be responsible for driving revenue and ensuring the profitable kitchen operations.Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree or related Culinary degree.
• Minimum of 2 years of industry and culinary management experience.
• Previous experience controlling food and labor costs.
• Previous experience with demonstration cooking, menu development, and pricing development.
• Passion for leadership and teamwork.
• Eye for detail to achieve operational excellence.
• Excellent guest service skills.