The F&B Manager acts as Duty Manager on a rotation basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To ensure that guests feel welcomed and comfortable in all F&B outlets including Restaurants, Bars, In-Villa Dining Service and in all places where F&B Services are provided to guests.
• To anticipate and attend to guests needs in all F&B outlets and ensure maximum guest satisfaction at all times.
• To ensure that guests are properly informed and guided as to the choices available to them in terms of F&B services.
• To meet guests regularly, listen to and discuss their preferences so as to ensure the best possible fit between guest’s requirements and services provided.
• To deal promptly with customer complaints and launch service recovery procedures whenever necessary.
• Improve the Food & Beverage Customer Satisfaction rating.
• To promote incremental sales revenue in the F&B department.
• To prepare yearly F&B operating and CAPEX budgets.
• To monitor F&B budgets and costs as per company policy.
• To control inventories of Food and Beverage commodities, small equipment and other consumables.
• To ensure adequate yield and profitability of F&B operations.
3. Innovation, learning and growth
• To continuously introduce new concepts and ideas to develop the F&B services.
• To invest time and effort in his own development in order to be proactive and update in the latest developments in the field of F&B services and standards.
• To develop and implement an effective benchmarking system for the continuous improvement of the F&B operations.
• To initiate, supervise and monitor the implementation of appropriate training to enhance the level of knowledge, skills and attitude of F&B personnel.
• To ensure that the F&B Human Resources are well motivated and that all staff problems are promptly dealt with.
• To set annual and periodic objectives for all F&B outlets and operate an effective and timely Performance Management System
• To ensure that F&B personnel are recognised and adequately rewarded for their performances.
• To direct and supervise all F&B operations at close range by being physically involved in all aspects of the operations.
• To perform F&B Administrative tasks to the required proficiency level.
• To regularly review F&B service processes and standards with a view to constantly improve upon them.
• To work closely with the Executive Chef in the design of menus, buffets and other F&B service offers.
• To plan for the necessary manning level in all outlets in order to provide the highest service level within the agreed manning guide.
• To plan for the necessary equipment in order to ensure a hassle free operation.
• To collaborate with the Chief Engineer to set-up and operate a Preventive Maintenance program for all F&B outlets and equipment.
• To conduct daily and monthly communication meetings to ensure an effective flow of information occurs within the department.
• To regularly report to the RESORT Manager and Resident Manager on the state of the Department.