Kandima Maldives is much more than just a holiday. This new game-changing destination offers a seriously stylish island setting with extraordinary restaurants and bars and plenty of on-site activities to choose from. Located in Dhaalu Atoll, the island is just a 30-minute flight from Male’ International Airport to the domestic airport in Dhaalu Atoll followed by a 20-minute boat ride to the island.
Waitress - speaks Chinese Mandarin
Operation and service in a professional, efficient and courteous manner
High School Graduate or equivalent preferred.
Fluent in English & Chinese Mandarin
- At least 2-3 years of experience in food & beverage work environment
- Excellent oral communication skills required.
- Positive interpersonal required.
- Experience of multi-cultural environment necessary.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To take orders from customers and ensure these are given to the appropriate person to execute.
- To serve food and beverages in accordance with laid-down standards, but above all in a professional, courteous manner.
- To clean designated work areas, in accordance with laid-down procedures, morning/evening routines and hygiene requirements.
- To change linen as required and ensure dirty or damaged linen is counted and exchanged for clean, usable items.
- To clean and refill cruet and condiment sets liaise with kitchen staff for sauces and chutneys to ensure consistent supply.
- To ensure sideboards stations are adequately stocked with cutlery, linen or other established needs, be they food or equipment with in day to day operations.
- Set up special destination dinner and make sure that all necessary equipment needed are in place before the function.
- To be totally familiar with the composition of all menu items.
- To clear trays and ensure they are cleaned as soon as it is apparent that customers have finished their food or drink with an acceptable balance between speed, yet allowing customers to finish their meal without feeling rushed.
- To ensure that customers are correctly charged, present the bill and take signature from the customer, in accordance with the procedures.
- At all times to be aware of and practice good customer relations, assisting the guest in any way which does not adversely affect other customers.
- To attend to customer complaints satisfactorily.
- To carry out on-the-job training to ensure new staff can carry out their duties effectively.
- To be continually aware of, and maintain, the highest standards of personal hygiene and dress.
- To attend meetings and training courses as required.
- To attend daily briefing to be aware of the not available items, specials of the day, guest dietary needs, and special instructions from the supervisor/manager.
- Do up selling to contribute to the increase of revenue of the outlet.
- To relieve in another outlet as required.
- 2 year contract.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Applicants travelling on a single status should apply.
Other benefits and advantages
- We provide healthy, high quality food in our staff restaurant, which is the largest in Maldives.
- We provide great accommodation facilities and places for employees to rest and renew during the course of the working day and encourage them to take breaks.
- We create the best possible work environment with great workplace including staff bar, staff pool, games rooms, internet connection, movie and book library, areas for employees to interact and socialise.
- We encourage our employees to move physically and stay fit and therefore provide a well-equipped staff gym and staff sports complex / fields.
- We provide all amenities, resources, knowledge and assistance that our employees need for their work (uniform, opportunities for extracurricular courses).
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.