Kandima Maldives is much more than just a holiday. This new game-changing destination offers a seriously stylish island setting with extraordinary restaurants and bars and plenty of on-site activities to choose from. Located in Dhaalu Atoll. There is a large natural lagoon and lush tropical island surroundings that will simply take your breath away. The island is just a 30-minute flight from Male’ International Airport to the domestic airport in Dhaalu Atoll followed by a 20-minute boat ride to the island.
Director of Sales & Marketing
- The main function of this role is managing the sales staff and daily operations. Work on the implementation of the department strategies to achieve the hotel\'s budgeted room revenue as well as achieve all corporate program goals throughout the year.
- Ensure thorough and complete coverage of sales team for a comprehensive client servicing, achieving targets and maximum productivity.
- Set up all sales objectives, action plans and team’s targets.
- The Director of Sales should work closely with the Sales & Marketing team to achieve and exceed the Resort budgeted room nights and revenue goals monthly and annually.
- Analyze and estimate total value of each piece of business and negotiate best situation for achieving optimum revenue for the resort while ensuring excellent customer service. Utilize the marketing plan in order to uncover new and potential business.
- The above key areas, responsibilities and activities reflect the items necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job
- Ensure that selling strategies are adhered to during negotiations and maximizes up selling opportunities of sales team.
- Review direct competition and ensure complete awareness by all sales team of competitor’s activities at all times.
- Consolidate month end sales report applicable information.
- Be actively involved in the preparation of the marketing plan as requested by Superiors.
- Actively participate in achieving hotel’s budgets especially rooms’ budget
Bachelor degree in sales and be computer literate with effective and outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
Length and type of experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Resort/Hotel.
- Pre-opening experience will be highly regarded.
Personal characteristics and competencies
- Possess a positive attitude.
- Influencing Outcomes
- Strong Leader, Work well under pressure.
- Budgeting and planning skills.
- Teamwork and planning for Business.
- Understanding Differences, Supervising operations and adaptability.
- Customer focus and result oriented.
- Capable of adapting to different cultures and ways of life.
- 2 year contract.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Applicants travelling on a single status should apply.
Other benefits and advantages
- We provide healthy, high quality food in our staff restaurant, which is the largest in Maldives.
- We provide great accommodation facilities and places for employees to rest and renew during the course of the working day and encourage them to take breaks.
- We create the best possible work environment with great workplace including staff bar, staff pool, games rooms, internet connection, movie and book library, areas for employees to interact and socialise.
- We encourage our employees to move physically and stay fit and therefore provide a well-equipped staff gym and staff sports complex / fields.
- We provide all amenities, resources, knowledge and assistance that our employees need for their work (uniform, opportunities for extracurricular courses).
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.