Director of Sales – European Market
The position is accountable for proactively soliciting and handling sales opportunities. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion in line with Ayada Maldives delivery’s standards. Assists in leading day-to-day activities related to sales with a focus on building long-term / value-based customer relationships that enables achievement of sales objectives.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plays a proactive part in the weekly Sales Strategy Meeting in line with selling requirements and set goals.
- Pro-actively auditing the European market and Maldives comp set activities, offers and pricing.
- The Sales Manager is responsible to ensure the related revenue is maximized in the most profitable way in line with the agreed targets.
- Produce accurate and timely reports that meet the needs of the Director of Sales and Marketing: includes but not limited to the reporting of appointments, calls made and generated business leads
- To support colleagues in the Sales and Operational Teams at all times in order to protect the interest of the hotel and ensure quality service for guests and potential customers
- Implement and execute all sales objectives and action plans to reach and exceed set targets
- Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all internal departments as required, ensuring delivery of superior guest service
- To take personal responsibility for understanding the Marketing plan and the required budgetary guidelines of the Hotel, to enable empowered decisions in all rate negotiations
- Attend sales trips, exhibitions and functions representing the hotel as directed by DOSM
- Proactively being involved in trade shows and conferences to network, generate new leads and drive business
- Actively supports the goals of the team and recommends revenue producing activities and ways to implement
- Self-driven in opening new roads, contacting new agencies and making the needed follow-up for generating room night.
- Maintains positive relationships with all guests, tour operators, colleagues
- Maintains account, contact, activity and business details according to resort standard
- 4-year bachelor\'s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major or Diploma in hotel business management.
- Good understanding of European market.
- Hotel working experience in Europe a request: track of leisure sales manager is highly recommended.
- Evidence of capacity to negotiate and establish contract and special offer.
- Capacity to manage tour operator intranets.
- With at least 2-3 years’ experience in the sales and marketing on the same position with a 5* Luxury Resort
- With good contacts and strong professional relationship with Tour Operators and Travel Agencies in Europe.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English and 1 European Language)
- Multilingual will be counted as an advantage
- Knowledge of Opera, Microsoft Word & Microsoft Outlook
- Candidate should have Indian Ocean Experience - Essential