To serve the needs of the business, our guests and our colleagues by supporting the food production of a hotel outlet.
Members of the Kitchen Department are responsible for ensuring that all visitors to the hotel are delighted by the quality, creativity and variety of our food and beverage offerings in every area of the hotel, and that F&B is regarded as a strong point of differentiation for the hotel in its local market.
NIYAMA Resort, Maldives
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all activities within a Restaurant Kitchen area, ensuring a safe, smooth running and profitable operation within the framework of the Hotel.
- Support the development of Restaurant concepts and standards. Be familiar with local market & suppliers. Recommend menu changes according to seasonal product availability.
- Adhere to NIYAMA food preparation and presentation guidelines to ensure consistent quality culinary offerings to our guests. Continually look to recommend improvements and additions to the NIYAMA presentation guidelines.
- Maintain food safety & protection. All food in working areas should be in compliance with food handling techniques, including dating, proper storage, rotation, etc. Maintain basic food safety and sanitation practices.
- Maintain outlet safety at all times.
- Take responsibility for asset management of all outlet property and facilities.
- Participate in departmental training to improve departmental skills and hotel service levels, providing associates the training and resources to take care of our guests.
- Promote positive inter-departmental relations through candid communication and cooperation.
- Maintain and oversee adherence to departmental checklists and cleaning schedules
- Maintain food safety and protection, to include dating, proper storage and rotation, etc.
- Assist in maintaining clean and sanitized food preparation areas.
Working with Others:
- They always try to anticipate and exceed the needs of customers and colleagues
- They use their own initiative and good judgement to solve problems in a calm and efficient way
- They enjoy working with others to achieve common goals. They volunteer as required to ensure the success of the team
- They act with personal professionalism and integrity at all times
- They always conduct business honestly and fairly. They keep sensitive information confidential.
- They can prioritise their workload effectively and be organised and structured at work
- They manage their time and pay attention to detail. They know their jobs, and are able to work without close supervision.
- They display a positive attitude, even under pressure. They personally check their work to ensure its accuracy.
- They are committed to meeting and exceeding all performance standards
- They constantly look to develop their own professional skills and abilities
- They perform job tasks in line with established policies and procedures
- They always try to provide a top-quality experience to all our guests.
- To attend training and meetings as and when required.
- To contribute to regular departmental communications meetings
- Maintain full confidentiality over the resorts and HR issues
- Maintaining excellent grooming and hygiene ensuring all grooming standards are met in relation to personal grooming and uniform presentation.
- Complying with Resort Safety & Environment policies, initiatives and legislation.
- Abiding by all Work Place Health, Safety and Hygiene regulations at all times.
- Abiding by the guidelines set out in the Employee Handbook.
- Undertake any reasonable request made by management, staff or any other department
- Actively participate in Human Resources, Learning and Development initiatives that will help the Resort to deliver higher levels of service to our guests and our compliance to good health and safety practices at the workplace.
- To support by assisting with on-the-job training and orientation of new team members/trainees and other reasonable requests in order to improve the performance and service standards of our team.