Director of Sales
To achieve pre-determined occupancy and average rate targets (as per budgets) while effectively managing the Sales, department within the framework of business standards defined by the General Manager and Per AQUUM.
General Manager / Area Director of Sales and Marketing, Maldives
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION
Sales Manager, Sales Coordinator
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with the Sales department to uphold the corporate identity standards together with the General Manager.
• Develop and implement the annual business development plans and budget that fully aligns and supports the strategic development of the business.
• Initiate and develop long term relationships with leading luxury tour operators, travel agents and influential members of the travel industry (media) to ensure market share and penetration.
• Demonstrate an ability to promote a commercial business, develop tactical strategies and deliver presentations to organizations and key individuals to enhance brand prominence in the market.
• Monitor room build and forecasts, reacting where necessary by implementing sales programs (cost permitting) with approval from the General Manager and Area Director of Sales and Marketing, Maldives.
• Develop and implement strategic business plans for emerging markets which include a comprehensive market analysis and development of strategies. To work closely with international Sales Representatives, PR agencies, sister properties and Per AQUUM.
• Attend trade shows as outlined in the annual business development plan.
• Maintain a keen sense of market place intelligence of trends and completion in the travel industry in order to provide market leading perspectives, emerging trends, tools and techniques that can be effectively utilize to develop and promote NIYAMA. Stay well informed of industry trends and competitor activities, whilst protecting the confidentiality of the information held in the department. Ensure a high level of product knowledge of the company properties and spas and the local area.
• Ensure high level of guest satisfaction and ensure that all guest queries or requests are handled in a polite and efficient manner. All correspondence to be replied within 24 hours of receipt.
• Keep the Sales team well informed on all relevant correspondence and deal with situations as they arise and solve problems as they occur. To directly communicate with the departments to ensure all internal resort communication is done. Ensure that all information leaving the department to other departments is accurate, timely & complete to allow these departments sufficient information to effectively carry out their commitments to guests.
• Manage all external agencies and consultants in an effective and professional manner.
• Conduct regular quantitative and qualitative analysis reviews. Monitor and report performance against budgets.
• Oversee the maintenance of systems within the Sales department (ie. trace system, lost business reports, weekly sales reports, etc.). Also oversee any necessary follow-up arising from these systems.
• Plan and implement as high priority, a guest retention and development strategies.
• Be fully prepared for emergency procedures and other safety requirements including on site, crisis handling and destination conflicts weather natural or political and to assist MD of Branding and Communication in communicating to media and partners in line with Per AQUUM standards.
• Work with the operational team on site to drive sales through promotion.
• Handle any other tasks required by our guests and Management.
• Prepare annual budget for overall Sales activities, including preparation of a calendar for attendance at major trade shows and other sales trips, and sales promotional activities carried out jointly with key tour operator partners.
• Maintains accurate expense reports within budgeted guidelines in accordance with company policy
• Advice Finance of initiatives to be included in budgets and ensure budgeted appropriately.
• Devise business analysis tools to ensure the resort are analyzing their business mix and generating maximum returns.
• To monitor the occupancy and room rates of the resort.
TEAM & TEAM DEVELOPMENT
• Attending training programs as designated by NIYAMA and Per AQUUM. Be motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your personal performance or that of your department.
• To maintain high team focus by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of team goals.
• Ensure all personnel are skilled and are working with company objectives. Conduct interviews for the recruitment of new employees as appropriate and ensure the highest possible standards are maintained.
• Act as a business mentor to the General Manager and a leader to the Sales team.
• Participate as a Sales team representative to plan, develop and implement company improvement activities.
• Ensure that monthly activity and budget reports are received on time and that the business planning and marketing activities are delivered according to timeframes.
• Manage relevant reporting of management and financial information for the business development teams.
• Conduct business development meetings to ensure strong communication channels
• Conduct site visits to ensure quality of product and implementation of strategy at property level.
- Actively participate in Human Resources, Learning and Development initiatives that will help the Resort to deliver higher levels of service to our guests and our compliance to good health and safety practices at the workplace.
- To support by assisting with on-the-job training and orientation of new team members/trainees and other reasonable requests in order to improve the performance and service standards of our team.
- As a member of the leadership team, to coach, support and develop his/her team members, wherever required. This is in conjunction to promote opportunities for development and towards future success of our resort & the company.
To be based at NIYAMA Maldives!