Play a leadership role and be responsible for achieving the budget objectives of the resort by working closely with the General Manager and head of departments. Provide guidance & solutions in line with the resort’s financial objectives to the General Manager and heads of departments. Work with the different departments to improve their accounting systems and support the management team in the achievement of the profitability targets.
- Participate as a member of the Executive Committee and assist in the development of the annual business plan. Prepare annually detailed financial budgets and cash flows by working closely with General Manager and other heads of departments. Provide regular cash-flow information to the General Manager to assist company plan payments.
- Review and develop policies to ensure resort objectives are being maintained. Propose changes to procedures and policies by recommending to the General Manager solutions that would be more beneficial to the resort as a whole, keeping in mind best practices and legal obligations.
- Assist General Manager with effective communication and report of financial performance
- Manage, review and where necessary tender all service contracts including but not limited to leases, rentals, and IT support.
- Provide financial advice to the General Manager and the management team.
- Ensure that all functions within the department including accounting, payroll, purchasing, income auditing, credit control, cost control and cashiering is efficiently organized and managed.
- Prepare monthly management accounts including a narrative report on budget variances.
- Review and arrange insurances for assets, professional indemnity, travel and events.
- Develop and implement a system of operations and procedures to ensure the integrity of accounting information and safe custody of assets, including procedures to eliminate and detect fraud or theft of company assets.
- Maintain the company asset register.
- Communicate with other departments regarding any operational issues. Provide them with professional financial advice and assistance to ensure proper financial standards are maintained.
- Be responsible for the overall financial information and key financial documents of the resort. Provide financial support to senior management and be responsible for the output of key documents, policies and reports.
- Report on financial performance of the resort, providing strategic analysis. Ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the resort and its cost centres.
- Submit all required reports in a timely manner and ensure its accuracy
- Compile, consolidated annual financial reports for both internal and external audits.